Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. By using Vael’s services, you are consenting to the collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of your information as described in this Policy. If you do not consent to the collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of your information described in this policy, you should not use the services provided by Vael.
You must be at least 18 years old to have permission to use Vael’s services. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personally information about users under 18 years of age. We do not allow children under the age of 13 to register for our website and services. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18 you will be asked for proof of parental consent upon registration.
Vael’s CCPA Web Browser Extension
When downloading Vael’s CCPA Browser Extension, you are consenting to the following:
- The monitoring of your web traffic while online and while using the specific web browser you have added Vael’s CCPA Browser Extension to (i.e. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.)
Vael’s CCPA Browser Extension does not collect your personal information while you are online and using the extension. Vael also never sells information regarding your web traffic to any third party vendors.
What Personal Data Do We Collect and When
When signing up for Vael, we collect Personal Identifiable Information (PII) for purposes which include:
- Identifying the consumer so that we can assess whether or not other companies have information stored about that consumer on their databases.
- Authorization purposes under the CCPA
- Verification of the consumer information via third party verification services.
- Payment processing of any payment made by the user via third party payment services. Vael will not store any credit/debit card information for user payment processing.
We collect the PII when the consumer signs up on our website using a registration signup webform. Vael may also ask for additional PII depending on the type of request that the consumer asks to make on their behalf to a company. The information that Vael collects from the consumer includes identification information such as:
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Login Information including screen name and unique password
How We Use Your Personal Data
Along with the purposes stated above, Vael may use the PII we obtain from you for a variety of other purposes including:
- Providing services you request, such as creating a consumer profile for the purpose of determining whether or not a company has consumer information that, under the CCPA, the consumer has the right to know, opt-out, or delete.
- Operating as an authorized agent on behalf of the consumer to submit a verifiable consumer request on the consumer’s behalf
- Communicating with you about our services, offers, and events.
- Providing customer support.
- Gathering feedback about our services.
- Notifying you about changes to our Policy.
- Protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk, including identifying unauthorized users or other security issues.
- Complying with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
- Utilizing the information for any other purpose with your consent.
How We Share Your Information
With Other Companies. Vael will use your information to make requests to any company that may have personal information stored about you so that we can make requests to know, delete, and opt-out of the collection of such information on your behalf as an authorized agent.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We use a variety of technical and organizational security measures to maintain the safety of your PII, including computer safeguards through Amazon Web Services (AWS). Despite our efforts, no website or mobile application database is completely “hack proof”. You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
Our Do Not Track Policy
Your Choices with Regards to your Personal Information
Vael respects your rights to make choices about the way we collect, use, and disclose your PII. You may request to review, correct, delete, or otherwise modify any PII that you have previously provided to us. If you have a registered account with us, you may generally update your user settings by logging into the website or application with your username and password. To delete your account you may contact us at the email address provided at the end of this Policy. We may not accommodate your request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the PII to be incorrect.
If you would like to review, correct, and update the PII you have provided to us, you can contact us at the email provided at the end of this Policy. We will respond to your request within the time limit set out by the applicable privacy legislation. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request as required by applicable law.
Vael reserves the right to update or modify this Policy from time to time and without prior notice by posting the revised version of the Policy on Vael’s website. These changes will apply to the information we collect after we have posted the revised Policy. If we make any material changes to our Policy, we will notify you through the email address we have on file for your account. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or Vael’s data practices, please contact us by email at email@example.com.